Consulate Of the Republic of Costa Rica
Teresita Lépiz Valls- van Gaalen
The Consulate of Costa Rica in South Africa is appointed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Worship of Costa Rica. The Honorary Consul coordinates and manages matters of trade promotion, tourism, education and bilateral relations and cooperation between the countries.
In which cases is the Consulate not allowed to act?
- Charging for any service, with exception of the established consular fees
- Acting as or recommending lawyers, translators, interpreters, or tourist agents
- Interfering in judicial affairs
- Finding employment and residence in South Africa
- Discussing Costa Rican visa cases which have already been settled.
- Providing information about entry, visas, or residence in South Africa
- Obtaining birth certificates
- Requesting driving licenses
- Providing financial aid (including air tickets and transportation
- Finding South African citizens in Costa Rica
- Processing of complaints from companies domiciled in South Africa and Costa Rica